Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm having a challenging moment...

OK, I've got my draft learning proposal in the XHTML template. It's presentable, but not at all glamorous - a work in progress!

I thought I'd got the hard stuff out of the way, but I've hit a stumbling block. It seems that my work pc has strict parents (an annoying firewall) and isn't allowed to swap files with strange servers at uni...will have to see if there's a way around this (without having to stop by campus on the way home tonight to upload it)

Anyway, I just noticed when I went back over the class materials from last week that I was supposed to reflection on what we'd covered. Better late than never...

I thought it it was a good starter lecture, covering the basics re how the internet worked. I thought the little movie was corny, but was useful as I finally got the whole firewall thing (and could actually visualise my problems this morning...). I've pinged and been pinged before but had no idea why or what i was actually doing. Nor did I understand what the four sections of an IP address represented. I now feel enlightened...