Saturday, March 8, 2008

Indecision...

OK, at this point I'm toying with two ideas for a project.
  1. A pilates teacher at my gym has just taken time out of her nursing career to launch her own personal training business. She has spent money on developing a great logo and business cards etc, but I noticed she hasn't set up a website. Next time I see her, I'll have a chat with her and see if she minds me turning her into a uni project...
  2. Set up my own hub website. I'd like a central website that can showcase my online/electronic portfolio to use when I start applying for MM jobs, as well as a place I might be able to sell my jewellery from. Not sure how complicated the whole e-com thing will be to set up, might need to chat to someone about this in class next week.

I don't know which one I will go for at this stage. The first one might not be complicated enough (depending on what exactly my 'customer' will want her website to do, it could just end up being a basic web-ad). The second one could either be too complicated and large scale, or could suffer from not actually having enough content at this point (read: there's nothing in my portfolio yet!). Might see where discussions lead before developing either idea (or both!)