Wednesday, May 21, 2008

You wish you had red fingerless gloves, like mine...

Ok, the JS animated buttons seem to work (even though there's sometimes a short micro second delay while they load. I am using dial up. Shut up. Yes, dial up does still exist, and some of my client's clients might have it, so I like to think of it as a chance to do some real life in the field testing all by myself.)

As you can probably tell, I need to sleep. Before I go, the reason i am posting this was to make notes to myself. Just tried adding some JS validation script to my form. I got the whole thing in, and it validates, but doesn't actually work. Slight technical hitch...

Got the code from http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/formval.html

Was also using this as a guide: http://www.elated.com/articles/form-validation-with-javascript/
as it seemed to have better step by step instructions than http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_form_validation.asp
which just gave you a bunch of script.

I chose to use the first link script as it gave a cool warning if your email address only had one letter after the @. I tried playing around with it, but i suspect I'm going to have to go back to the lecture notes or W3c schools tutorial on JS in order to do this successfully (yes, I admit I just started randomly changing the code, hoping I would instinctively be able to feel my way around a completely new language, now that I am in tune with my coding-self. This clearly completely failed. It appears you will still be able to call me Grasshopper for a while yet. Why, oh why wasn't i nicer to that JS coder in the bar the other week???)


*yawn*

No comments: