I worked my backside off yesterday between jobs to finish off as much as possible of the portfolio site as I could. I was really hoping to have it finalised and uploaded last night, but didn't quite get there.
The biggest time thief at the moment (now that I've worked out the style. For now.) is writing the content on the fly. I'm having to write up new short blurbs again for each project - and trying to keep it concise is the biggest challenge!
I had planned to hold off uploading the new look until it was complete, but was sitting on such a big change I couldn't wait. It's all done, except half of the portfolio page and the missing content can be found in the academic portfolio. I changed the blurb at the top of the portfolio page to reflect that. What I really wanted to do was stick one of those horrible 'under construction' gifs there, like you used to see in the 90s all the time. Maybe it would be acceptable again - is it long enough ago to have evolved to retro yet?
Anyway, even as is, I like the new stuff better than the old stuff. I thought I might be able to get away with it as I don't imagine it's a high traffic site at the moment. At least I don't think so - I really should check the analytics stats...
I still need to tweak a list of things and make sure it's W3C compliant etc - I'm hoping I'll be finished with that this evening so I can get started working on the LIF redesign (and start the job hunt in earnest again!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment