So I can get back onto actively looking for work, i thought I'd better prioritise fixing the portfolio site. I thought I'd adapt the academic portfolio site style and apply something like it to the main thejct.net homepage. I attempted to set it up with a 960px width and line up divs along the bottom with links to the different portfolios, as well as my sites/blogs. Suddenly things started going pear shaped. The link divs all hung down past the white background but seemed to be actually in the body wrap div (according to Firebug and FF Web Dev), plus the footer was the correct distance below. I just spent this afternoon fiddling with everything and I couldn't work out why it was doing it.
Finally found this article useful : Barelyfitz Designs' Learn CSS Positioning in 10 steps
It turns out the position: relative main div and the float: left child divs weren't playing well together. For the academic portfolio I had the divs wrapped by other divs with clear: both, but this didn't seem to work for the main page, so I created an empty new div after the link divs and had it clear: both, which seems to have solved the problem...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment