Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mid semester hibernation

I completely forgot to post an entry last week after class - I had a manic end to the week getting in more assignments etc.

Anyway, I found the PHP stuff a bit mentally taxing. I mean actually working out what the hell I was supposed to be doing for the practical exercise, not to mention actually doing it. I think at that point my brain had just reached overload. I'll look at it all again when I might need to actually use it in my site...I have other priorities before that (the PHP was going to be a bonus point exercise in my final project)

So, had contact with the client and the designer of her logo. Will build the site with fake pictures and latin text while she sources all the real stuff.

I was keen to start construction this week, but need to do the system plan assignment, get that one out of the way...as well as a couple of other assignments. I swear I feel like i am constantly doing assignments and not actually getting anywhere with the end project. I actually felt bad for sitting down yesterday evening and watching TV! I haven't done that in months. Someone asked me what i thought about the 2020 summit on the weekend and I had no idea what they were talking about...it's a good thing I'm enjoying my course as much as I am...

No comments: