Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Peer reviews - sorted

OK, just got in both of the peer reviews I was supposed to supply - it was actually quite challenging to give constructive feedback. I felt it a big responsibility, as some one's final mark may be affected by the quality of advice I give them!

I was glad that both Daniel and Amber covered the same languages/technologies in their assignment that I was - it meant I wasn't reading about something that was completely over my head, and reading someone else's take on the languages gave me food for thought. It also made me realise, thinking back to my own assignment, where I had weak points - I didn't reference any journals or books and didn't think to discuss alternative programming languages for my bonus section (although just picking the most basic ones in order to satisfy my basic knowledge is probably all the logic I needed! :-). It might have also been worth while discussing in more detail how I was actually going to use each one in practical terms. And I could probably learn from Amber's ability to express himself thoroughly but succinctly. Anyway! Enough with the self-analysis, I'll wait until the guys send me some feedback...

Now on to more practical matters. I know I should start thinking about the system plan, but I also need to get cracking on with actually building something, even the basics, if the time it took me to validate the Learning contract is any indication of the speed at which I code! I should contact the 'client' about getting the appropriate text and pictures I need, although I plan to construct it with Latin text and dummy pictures if she doesn't come through with something in time.

But for now, some well earned sleep at the end of a productive day!

No comments: