I'm feeling particularly frustrated at the moment. My final learning proposal was ready a couple of days ago, except for the fact the XHTML won't pass validation on the W3C site...and I can't for the life of me work out what it is I'm doing wrong!
I've been trying to sort it out in between other assignments for other subjects but I'm not getting anywhere and I'm starting to be aware of time slipping away and other tasks piling up between this one...I think I need someone to actually explain to me what it is I'm missing...
In any case, here is the link to my final proposal http://students.mim.iml.uts.edu.au/users/10669683/finallearningproposal.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had a quick look. It's because you aren't nesting your tags correctly - esp. to do with lists. If you start a new list within a list item, the first list item tag has to be at the end: (I have to use square brackets - google is trying to interpret this as HTML)
[li] xxx
[ul]
[li]vvv[/li]
[li]bbb[/li]
[/ul]
[/li]
You can't put the [/li]; after the xxx...
It's hard to explain but you can give me a call on 0412 816 494 or I can show in class on Tuesday.
Rustum
There are some errors and typos here and there and according to the validator about ~20 errors. I'll try to point out what those errors are so you can fix your code yourself.
Error: Does not allow element br here.
Problem: The [br /] tag should be enclosed by another element tag.
OK:
[p]This is [br /]an example[/p]
[ul]
[li][br /]Item A[br /][/p]
[/ul]
Not OK: [p]This is an example[/p][br/]
Error: does not allow list element here.
Problem #1: You're trying to create a nested list incorrectly.
OK:
[ul]
[li]A[/li]
[li]B
[ul]
[li]B.1[/li]
[li]B.2[/li]
[/ul]
[/li] <-Note where I close "B"s li tag
[li]C[/li]
[/ul]
Refer to http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_nestedlists2
Problem #2: Enclosing [p] tag around a list tag.
Solution: Remove the [p] tags around the list tags
Error: There is no attribute "target".
Problem: Anchor attribute "target" is not allowed in DTD Strick.
Refer to: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_a.asp
Solution: Remove "target" attribute or change the DTD from Strick to Transitional. You will have to ask the lecturers for the latter option.
Error: End tag for element "ul" which is not open.
Problem: You have a closing ul tag somewhere without an opening ul tag.
Solution: Remove the extra [/ul] tag around/near "How does it satisfy your learning...".
Error: Does not allow element "p" or "img" here; assuming missing "li" start-tag.
Problem: There are p or img tag inside a list block without being enclosed by li tag.
OK:
[ul]
[li]Topic 1
[p]Description about Topic 1[/p]
[/li]
[li]Topic 2
[p]Description about Topic 2[/p]
[img src="/pic/Topic2.jpg" /]
[/li]
[/ul]
Note where I place li closing tags
That should fix most of your problems. Good luck.
Post a Comment